Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer, sunny, short, and sweet

Summer time is my favorite time of year. Don't ask me why. I have curly hair that says "fuck you" every year when the humidity rolls around; I look horrible in pastels, and best in jewel tones or brighter, deeper colors; and I am terrified of almost all bugs and insects. But on the other hand I love warm weather (I am always cold), and the vitamin D definitely helps my mood. I love being outside. I just love summer.

Its been a short one this year, with summer getting a late start in the midwest due to a very long winter where snow carried well into spring. I've tried to take advantage of every sunny day though, at least in some way, going for bike rides, going to the beach, or simply walking or lounging in the sun.

Now onto the sweet part. watermelon, ice cream, and fruity cocktails, yum.

However parts of my summer have not been so sweet. I lost my job, of which in the long run I appreciate because I was miserable there. There are things about the last year of my life that i wish i could have done differently, but I do not regret them. I have a new job, which starts in September, and feel i will be much happier.

So as the second half of summer comes around the bend thing are looking much sweeter!

See you at the beach Summer Sunnies!

Peace.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment