Friday, May 11, 2012

Chi-town

So due to mostly foreseen circumstances, :P I have not really discussed any of my Chi-town adventures in a great while. There's been so many it's so hard to choose. the ones I've posted about here on the blog are really only a small selection of the things I have done this semester. ACM keeps us busy. From screen printing workshops, to toxic tours of little village, to a talk by Sam Hsieh the world famous performance artist, and best yet adventures wandering around Rogers Park. So many fun things and so much art!

I'll have some more pictures up soon, but I don't have to many sadly. We get so caught up in it all that You forget to stop and snap a shot along the way. :(

If you all are ever in Rogers Park, got to the HeartLand Cafe. It is so good! Reasonably priced and just simply amazing food. The menu is not really extensive, but its all fresh and numerous vegetarian options. And REAL sweet potato fries! so yummy.

So this is a pretty random post but I just wanted to update you all on my life adventures. Tomorrow I get to go see a bunch of my friends graduate (LFC Class of 2012) so sad! but a celebration none the less.

On Sunday I get to see To Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind, one of my favorite things ever. It's this amazing performance show that is one of the longest running shows in Chi. It's put on by this amazing group called the neo-futurists. The show rotates in new skits every week so its constantly changing. If you are ever in Chicago this is a must see, especially since they have a Sunday night show at 7, a great way to end a weekend when there is nothing else to do on Sunday nights.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment