Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Molthers are Mothers no matter what

My mother. I thought it might be a but soon to talk about my mother on here so I might not go into our entire relationship history but since this is a blog of what goes on in my life, this post will be about my mother. She is one of the most amazing women I've ever known. She's done more for me in my life and sacrificed so much that its hard to even comprehend. But making me feel guilty about it? That's where I feel it crosses the line. 3 weeks. That was all I needed for a place to stay as I moved from my summer housing but not yet into my housing for the school year. My dad's is pretty far away, esp from my part time job, and his house isn't much better. My mom agreed to let me stay with her, no big deal. but from day 1 we just can't seem to get along. We fight about the little things, the big things every single day. She knows how to hurt me bad and I don't think she realizes how much it hurts that our relationship is so strained. She constantly brings up my mistakes of the past and wont let them go. Her along with my brothers who generally don't take a liking to me, make for a very negative environment that is not healthy for me. Today was the second time in 24 hours that we got in a big fight and I just simply left without any pace in particular to go. So for now I am staying at a friends place just to get some space. But what really put me over the edge with her today, was that she had the nerve to call my father and tell him to talk to me. Like I was a kid again. I am 20 years old, and adult who is completely self sufficient and pays for everything herself. There is not one thing my mom pays for anymore and has not supported since I entered college, so am I right in thinking that she should not have a say? understandably I am staying with her in her house, and must follow her rules, which I have been diligently, much to my dismay. The funny thing is that we are so alike its not even funny, and she does not see it. All of the problems are always my fault even though its more 50 50 to my understanding. sometimes I feel like I'm the parent in this relationship and shes the kid. She can just make me feel horrible about myself sometimes but she is still my mother and I still love her. There is a lot I could say about our stupid fight today, but there is no need to go on about it. I'm going to stay positive, and try to get through the next two weeks, even if that means couch hopping, or in tonight's case, a fouton. August 13th I am counting down the days. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment