Sunday, February 19, 2012

Logan Squared

Chicago is an amazing city none the less, but Logan Square is an even more amazing neighborhood as I am slowly discovering. Besides the good Mexican food joints I see scattered everywhere on a daily basis, I was not seeing any other types of food around, until today that is. I knew that there are many different and amazing places to get food here, I just haven't really seeked any of them out. However, in the midst of gathering photo's for an art project I have to do, I found a strip of four restaurants, all that looked unique and intriguing, and none of them to my knowledge serve Mexican food! I was almost saddened that I had not brought my wallet, only my camera and notebook, so that I could have stopped for a late lunch. However my face lit up just as I turned the corner and saw not only the blue line station a block away (hey, I was tired from walking all over the place gathering pictures!) but the gorgeous "square" that i see as the heart of Logan Square. Its more oval shaped to say the least, and the streets function in sort of a roundabout fashion. As cold and tired as I was I decided to stop and take a few picture in this small beautiful outdoor stretch of green:




Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment