Sunday, February 19, 2012

To Milenium, and Beyond!

So on this lovely Sunday I actually managed to scrounger up the energy for two adventures! :o I know it's shocking. But in a place like this you just have to make time for everything. And as tired as I am right now, and no matter how bad my knees hurt, it was all worth it. In recent years, Millennium Park has been the highlight of Chicago, or the newest big thing. Did you know it's actually considered a rooftop garden? Yup, since there are parking structures and other things underneath, it was Chicago's way of getting funding for the project, since apparently we didn't need another park. Who doesn't need another Park? Well maybe the people in charge of money were right in some sense, Chicago is known to be might I say, VERY VERY VERY COLD, for about half the year, making parks less attractive. Since Millennium Park was built anyways, to combat this problem of a more than slow tourist season during these late winter months, They came up with a plan to get us Chicogoans outside again and enjoying the park. It's called Luminous Field, and in my opinion its a very clever and quite enjoyable art display of video and sound created by a Chicago artist all surrounding the Famous "Bean". It was pretty cool and I enjoyed seeing the different angles, but it's only good to keep your attention for about a few minutes. It is definitely something suited towards kids, who were running the the lights and stepping on the the ever changing colors with pure smiles and enjoyment and it seems they could do that endlessly. Tomorrow is the shows last night, so I took the opportunity to see it when I could. My pictures arent the best because my camera does not agree with darkness very well, but some turned out pretty cool:





Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment